Re-useable Fabric Masks
Re-usable fabric masks are cloth face masks made from a washable fabric such as cotton or denim. These face masks can be very useful for the general public in reducing the spread of respiratory droplets from people who may be sick, whilst also being environmentally friendly.
Re-usable fabric masks must be washed and air dried before reusing to be effective. Ideally they should be made from 3 layers of a mix of breathable fabrics, or two layers with a replaceable filter. Not all cloth face masks come with a filter, but they are still safe and effective if they are washed after each use.
Sove CPAP Clinic is a medical specialist group and a proud supplier of a range of PPE products, including re-usable fabric face masks. For any questions relating to our face masks, we have clinicians able to assist you. We can be contacted by calling 1300 76 29 39 or emailing us on email@example.com.
How to safely apply, take off and dispose of a face mask
If you wear a face mask, it is important to make sure you apply and take off the mask correctly, and safely.
To apply a face mask safely, follow the following steps:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before putting on the mask
- Holding the top edge with the absorbent side facing you, place the mask over your face, avoiding touching the front of the mask. Hook the ear loops around you ears, or tie any straps behind your head. If your mask has adjustable ear straps, you can change them now or before you place your mask on.
- Pull the bottom of the mask over your chin, to make sure the face mask covers your mouth and nose with no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask whilst wearing it, and clean your hands if you do.
- Replace the mask as soon as it is damp
To take off a mask safely, follow the following steps:
- Remove the mask from behind by the straps or ear loops – do not touch the front of the mask
- Place the mask in a sealed bag to take home and wash
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, or a hand sanitiser