Flo Travel Nasal Spray
Stock: In Stock
Travel healthier, go with the flo!
Flo Travel is a gentle, moisturising nasal spray which contains Carrageenan, a natural red seaweed extract. This handy nasal spray helps maintain normal nasal functioning and can minimise nasal dryness and crusting. It may also help provide some relief from common cold symptoms.
How does maintaining well hydrated nasal tissues help?
- Helps maintain normal nasal functioning
- Helps support the nose’s natural action again common colds
- Helps wash away nasal irritants/allergens
- Minimises nasal dryness and crusting (e.g. as a result of air conditioning).
Why do we often get colds when travelling?
If the mucus layer that covers nasal tissues is kept moist, then viruses, bacteria and other irritants are trapped and carried to the back of the throat, swallowed and then destroyed by the stomach’s acids. This is a normal and natural process. However, when we travel by plane or are in air-conditioned environments, we are exposed to lower humidity and temperatures. This can affect normal nasal function.
Cooler temperatures can also slow down mucus transportation in the nose and low humidity can cause nasal dryness. Even though planes are fitted with very efficient air filtration systems that extract many common viruses, exposure to viruses is more likely when passengers leave the plane and enter areas where the air filtration systems are less effective. These constant air-conditioned environments such as in airports, on public transport, in hotels or offices may lower our resistance to cold viruses.
When to use Flo Travel Nasal Spray
Using Flo Travel is a positive step towards supporting your nasal health especially when flying, on public transport or in air-conditioned environments e.g. offices, hotels, conference rooms, shopping centres.
If you are prone to colds or have already caught a cold, then try Flo Travel Nasal Spray to relieve cold symptoms and support the nose’s natural action against common colds.
What are the main ingredients of Flo Travel?
- Carrageenan (red seaweed extract) – this binds to the nasal tissues and retains moisture.
- Saline (isotonic and preservative-free) – this helps gently wash away mucus including viruses, bacteria and irritants breathed in through the nose.
For more information, please watch the Flo Travel video below.
! Always read the label. Follow instructions for use. If symptoms persist, consult your health professional.
- Long lasting results – moisturises for hours.
- Effective – shown to hydrate the nose and support the nose’s natural action against common cold viruses.
- Easy and pleasant to use – a gentle preservative-free nasal spray with no odour or after-taste.
- Handy easy-to-use travel size – available as a 20mL spray. Suitable for in-flight use and on the go
- Suitable for those prone to colds.
- Suitable for 2 years and over.
- Koenighofer, M., Lion, T., Bodenteich, A. et al. Carrageenan nasal spray in virus confirmed common cold: individual patient data analysis of two randomized controlled trials. Multidiscip Respir Med 9, 57 (2014).
- Eccles et al. Efficacy of an antiviral Iota-Carhttps://doi.org/10.1186/2049-6958-9-57ageenan nasal spray; a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study in volunteers with early symptoms of the common cold. Respiratory research 2010; 11:108.
- Cabin air filtration: helping to protect occupants from infectiousdiseases. Bull, K. Travel Med. Infectious Diseases 2008. Vol 66 pp142-144.
- Aerobiology and its role in transmission of infectious diseases. Fernstrom, A et al. Journal of Pathogens Vol 2013 Article 493960