LMA MAD Nasal Atomisation Device (BACK ORDER: EARLY DECEMBER)
Stock: In Stock
the safe, painless way to deliver medication without an iV line
The MAD Nasal Device from Teleflex was invented by an emergency physician and offers a useful, additional option in the choice of alternate access for medication delivery. The device is simply inserted into the nostril, and the medication atomised into particles which can be easily absorbed through the nose into the blood stream, giving similar dosaging results to an intravenous line.
Nasal drug administration with the MAD Nasal Device is quick and easy, eliminating IV set-up time and conserving resources. The malleable tip atomizes in any position, making proper medication delivery even easier. Additionally, no sterile technique is required, so more time is spent caring for the patient and less time starting a painful IV. It increases safety for both caregivers and patients through the avoidance of needlestick injury.
Can be purchased with or without a 1mL medication delivery syringe.
- Atomises drugs into a fine spray - only 30-100 microns in size
- Soft conical plug forms a firm seal with the nostril to prevent fluid escape
- Malleable stylet allows for atomisation in any position
- Syringe enables accurate dosing every time
- Effective need-free drug delivery
- Remove and discard the green vial adapter cap
- Pierce the medication vial with the syringe vial adapter
- Aspirate the proper volume of medication required to treat the patient
- Remove (twist off) the syringe from the vial adapter
- Attach the LMA MAD Nasal soft conical plug to the syringe via the luer lock connector
- Using your free hand to hold the occiput of the head stable, place the soft corical plug snugly against the nostril aiming slightly up and outward (toward the top of the ear)
- Briskly compress the syringe plunger to deliver half of the medication into the nostril
- Move the device over to the opposite nostril and, repeating steps 6 and 7, administer the remaining medication into the nostril if indicated.