Surfex Low Level Disinfectant
Stock: In Stock
Surfex® is the world's first dry surface biofilm remover and surface disinfectant with proven scientific data.
Recent ground-breaking research has discovered that biofilms are proliferate on dry surfaces as well as the previously known wet surfaces. They can be found on most surfaces within a healthcare setting including curtains, bed rails, chairs, phones and patient charts and could contribute significantly to Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI's).
Multiple internationally peer reviewed studies support these findings and also highlight the low efficacy of chlorine in removing biofilms.
Key benefits of Surfex® include:
- World's first proven Dry Surface Biofilm Remover with scientific data.
- Proven to reduce bacterial loading within a dry surface biofilm both under clean and dirty conditions.
- Effective in reducing MDROs in healthcare environment.
- An In-built detergent system that allows 'all in one' cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces.
- Significantly superior disinfection performance versus chlorine.
- Patented colour coded indicator system shows when Surfex's biocidally active concentrate is safe to use.
- It is included on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods and approved for use on environmental surfaces and non-critical medical devices.
Surfex® is intended for use on environmental surfaces and for non-critical medical devices such as hospital beds and theatre trolleys. Surfex’s unique formula of buffered peracetic acid and surfactants ensure it will provide maximum disinfectant efficacy critical for healthcare environments. Surfex® is proven to kill Clostridiodes difficile (and spores)*, Norovirus, Parvovirus and VRE.
Surfex® has excellent materials compatibility especially when compared with Chlorine/Bleach. Surfex® is available in 8.5g sachets for dilution in 500mL bottles and 85g sachets for dilution in bucket.