ResMed AirSense 11
The wait over…
ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet has arrived and is available for pickup or immediate shipment.
What’s New About the ResMed AirSense 11?
The ResMed AirSense 11 is equipped with new technology to make starting therapy, acclimatisation and compliance, easier and more convenient than ever.
Key features of the ResMed AirSense 11 device include:
- Sleek, modern design – a more modern, aesthetic look that helps remove the stigma of being a CPAP user.
- Smaller size – it’s 24% smaller and 10% lighter than the ResMed AirSense 10. That’s a smaller footprint on the bedside table and far more portable when traveling.
- Easy-to-use and larger colour touchscreen – navigating the settings has never been simpler and more intuitive.
- Integrated cellular communication – enables secure and automated data transmission to the cloud for access in AirView and myAir.
- myAir support – ResMed myAir is an easy-to-use online support program and app designed to empower users to stay engaged with therapy. Allowing users to track and view nightly data from the convenience of their smartphone or tablet.
- Personal Therapy Assistant and Care Check-In – are enhanced myAir features, exclusive to AirSense 11 users. Better assisting users through the setup process, and providing tailored tips on how to get the most from their CPAP treatment.
- AutoSet and AutoSet for Her therapy modes all in one device – have your cake and eat it too! Both modes now available in the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet. Unlike its predecessor, the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet which had the 2 modes separated in two devices.
- Over-the-air upgrade availability – benefit from ResMed’s latest software and patient clinical and comfort improvements, ResMed may develop from time to time, upgraded over-the-air to your device.
CPAP is used for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea treatment. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS FOR USE. When considering whether CPAP treatment is right for you, speak to your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Product Launch Questions
When does the ResMed AirSense 11 launch in Australia?
The ResMed AirSense 11 is here and available for immediate pickup or shipment.
Will Sove CPAP Clinic have access to the ResMed AirSense 11 at launch?
We already have stock of ResMed AirSense 11
How much will the ResMed AirSense 11 cost at launch?
ResMed AirSense 11 comes in 2 separate models; ResMed AirSense 11 Elite ($1499) and the flagship ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet ($1995).
Will payment plans be offered for purchasing ResMed AirSense 11?
Sove CPAP Clinic offer interest free payment plans for the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet and AirSense 11 Elite. Sove’s payment plans are unique for the following reasons:
- Mix and match your ResMed AirSense 11 with your preferred mask of choice from leading brands including ResMed, Philips and Fisher & Paykel;
- Comprehensive clinical care – 6 monthly bulk billed Respiratory/Sleep Physician consultations and unlimited CPAP Consultant review included to better optimise ongoing CPAP therapy and improve clinical supervision ;
- Equipment maintenance coverage – receive CPAP accessory replenishments when you need it. These include filters, heated tubing, humidifier chambers, and masks.
How many ResMed AirSense 11 models will be launched in Australia?
ResMed has launched 2 Mondels with AirSense 11: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet (Product Code 39108) and AirSense 11 Elite (Product Code 39107).
Product Specifications Questions
How big is the ResMed AirSense 11?
ResMed AirSense 11 is 94.5mm x 259.4 mm x 138.5 mm (H x W x D) and weighs 1.13 kg. This makes it 24% smaller and 10% lighter than the ResMed AirSense 10.
How noisy is the ResMed AirSense 11?
ResMed AirSense 11 operates at around 27 decibels, which is comparable with the ResMed AirSense 10.
Will ResMed be launching a ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet for Her device?
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet will have both the AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her therapy modes built into it. There is no longer a need for a separate AutoSet and AutoSet for Her device.
Therapy Mode Questions
What’s the difference between the AutoSet and AutoSet for Her therapy modes?
ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet will have both the AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her therapy modes built into it.
The ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet algorithm has been designed for optimal comfort and treatment efficacy. It adjusts pressure only when needed to maintain the lowest possible efficacious pressure. It also includes AutoSet Response mode, which allows for gentler pressure increases for additional comfort.
By comparison, the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her algorithm is the only female-specific algorithm of its kind that accounts for differences in physiology and presentation of Obstructive Sleep Apnoea in women for more targeted, tailored therapy. In a recent study, female Obstructive Sleep Apnoea patients using this therapy mode for 90 days spent significantly more time in REM sleep and showed significant improvements in quality of life.
Benefit from both therapy modes in the one AirSense 11 AutoSet.
Will the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet treat Obstructive Sleep Apnoea differently from the AirSense 10 AutoSet?
No, as the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet uses the same ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet and AutoSet for Her algorithm in the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet to treat Obstructive Sleep Apnoea. The AirSense 11 AutoSet benefit is that both therapy modes are now available in the same device.
Can the ResMed AirSense 11 be used as a fixed pressure CPAP and automatic CPAP device?
Yes, the ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet can be used in fixed pressure and automatic mode. In automatic mode, the user has the choice of both the AirSense 10 AutoSet and AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her therapy modes to choose from.
By contrast, the ResMed AirSense 11 Elite can only be used in fixed pressure CPAP mode.
Does the ResMed AirSense 11 automatically adjust your pressure?
The ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet automatically adjusts your pressure based on the user’s needs throughout the night. This is available in both AutoSet or AutoSet for Her mode.
How do I adjust the air pressure on the ResMed AirSense 11?
Pressure adjustments can be made by entering ResMed AirSense 11’s Clinical Mode. Speak with your CPAP Consultant or doctor when altering clinical settings.
Does the ResMed AirSense 11 turn on and off automatically?
The choice is yours. In ResMed AirSense 11’s settings, the user has the choice of setting the device to turn on and off automatically or manually.
AirSense 11 Accessories Questions
When will ResMed AirSense 11 accessories be available for purchase in Australia?
ResMed AirSense 11 accessories are expected to be available either at launch or sometime in September.
What ResMed AirSense 11 accessories are there?
ResMed AirSense 11 accessories include:
HumidAir 11 Tub: Cleanable (Product Code 39112) and Standard (39100)
End Cap (Product Code 39226)
Travel Bag (Product Code 39221)
PSU 65W (Product Code 39207)
DC/DC Converter (Product Code 39231)
Air Outlet (Product Code 39220)
Air11 SD Card: 1 Pack (Product Code 39228) and 10 Pack (Product Code 39229)
Air11 Standard Filter: 1 Pack (Product Code 39300); 2 Pack (Product Code 39301);12 Pack (Product Code 39302); 50 Pack (Product Code 39303)
Air11 Hypoallergenic Filter: 1 Pack (Product Code 39304); 2 Pack (Product Code 39305); 12 Pack (Product Code 39306); 50 Pack (Product Code 39307)
ClimateLineAir 11 Heated Tube (Product Code 39104)
SlimLine Tube (Product Code 39104)
SlimLine Tube Wrap (Product Code 36811)
SD Card Door (Product Code 39225)
What accessories are included with ResMed AirSense 11?
The ResMed AirSense 11 device comes with the following inclusions: 1. ClimateLineAir 11 Heated Tube
HumidAir 11 Tub
PSU 65W Power Supply Unit (PSU)
Air11 Standard Filter (inserted)
Quick Start Guide.
Does the ResMed AirSense 11 come with an SD card?
The ResMed AirSense 11 does not come with an SD card, as data is transferred over the cellular network and can be viewed using ResMed’s myAir App. myAir is a convenient way for patients to review and monitor their ongoing CPAP treatment.
SD cards are available for purchase separately. ResMed recommends their ResMed SD card, as they have been validated to conform to legal safety standards.
Does ResMed AirSense 11 have a filter?
Yes it does. ResMed AirSense 11 comes with a disposable Air11 Standard Filter, which is designed to improve air quality and protect your device from airborne particles. A hypoallergenic filter is not included but may be purchased separately.
How often should the ResMed AirSense 11 filter be changed?
Depending on the surrounding area’s air quality, it is recommended ResMed AirSense 11’s filter be changed every month or two. A dirty filter has the potential to damage the ResMed AirSense 11, by causing it to malfunction, or in some severe cases, stop working completely.
Does ResMed AirSense 11 come with a CPAP mask?
The ResMed AirSense 11 can be purchased with or without a CPAP mask.
Will I be able to use my existing CPAP mask from my current CPAP device, with the new ResMed AirSense 11?
Yes you can. ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet device is compatible with masks used with existing CPAP machines. However, there will be ResMed myAir benefits for those using ResMed AirFit and AirTouch masks.
Will I be able to use a non-ResMed mask with the ResMed AirSense 11?
Yes you can. ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet device is compatible with non-ResMed masks. However, there will be ResMed myAir benefits for those using ResMed AirFit and AirTouch masks.
Can ResMed AirSense 11 be used without water? Yes it can, however, humidification is important to overall CPAP compliance and comfort by reducing dryness in the nose, mouth and throat. Speak with your CPAP Consultant or doctor to discuss the best option for you.
Can I use my existing ResMed AirSense 10 tube on the AirSense 11?
ResMed AirSense 11 uses a different heated tube called the ClimateLineAir 11 heated tube. However, ResMed’s SlimLine tube is compatible with both AirSense 10 and Airsense 11 devices.
Cellular Connectivity Question
What are the benefits of ResMed AirSense 11’s cellular connectivity?
ResMed AirSense 11 has built-in 4G cellular connectivity through Vodaphone. Benefits include: 1. Summary and detailed data viewed remotely; 2. AirSense 11 setting changes can be made remotely; 3. AirSense 11 updates to be delivered over-the-air (OTA)
Clinical Care Questions
Should I still seek medical advice given the support features on the ResMed AirSense 11?
It is strongly recommended you speak to a doctor when deciding whether CPAP treatment is right for you. Even after CPAP treatment has been recommended, it is still advised that CPAP users are under the care of a health professional, as your Obstructive Sleep Apnoea condition can change over time. If unsure who to speak to, we suggest speaking to your GP or contacting Sove CPAP Clinic, where they can help direct you to a CPAP Consultant and/or Sleep Specialist.
What are the benefits of purchasing a ResMed AirSense 11 from Sove CPAP Clinic?
There are many benefits from purchasing your CPAP machine and accessories from Sove CPAP Clinic. These benefits include:
- Get it first when ResMed AirSense 11 launches beginning of September;
- Accredited Provider where product is sourced from the official source only – ResMed Australia.
- More than just a retail CPAP store – we are first and foremost a multidisciplinary medical specialist clinic group, including Respiratory & Sleep Specialists, Cardiologist, sleep laboratory and CPAP Consultants. Clinical care matters. That’s why having a comprehensive team to supervise your care is important to getting the most from your CPAP therapy.
- Independent advice – at Sove CPAP Clinic, we believe in arming patients with choice, so that they can make an informed decision as to the best treatment for them. We are brand agnostic and supply leading brands including ResMed, Philips, Fisher & Paykel and Transcend.
- Clinics nationwide – benefit from the support of a large network of clinics nationwide.
- Multi-channel support – Sove CPAP Clinic has the infrastructure to support patients in-clinic, over the phone, via email and telehealth video conferencing.
What questions should I ask when choosing a CPAP provider?
- Are you an official accredited provider of any or all CPAP manufacturers?
- Has the CPAP product you supply, been sourced locally from official channels as against overseas markets?
- How comprehensive is your clinical support? I.e. what type of personnel make up your clinical team?
- How independent is your clinical advice? How many and which CPAP brands do you support?
- If I move interstate or overseas, what support do you provide?
- What support do you provide if I need help with my CPAP therapy?
- Where can I get support if I need help with my CPAP therapy?
- Do you provide remote support?
- Is there a cost to seeking advice?
- How long has your CPAP service been operating?
- What options do you offer when it comes to purchasing a CPAP device? Do you offer outright purchases only or do you offer payment plans as well?
- Apart from the affordability benefits, are there any clinical or replenishment benefits of your payment plans?
- Do I have the option to rent a CPAP device before purchasing?
- Do you offer a lowest price guarantee?
- Do you have a website where I can view and compare CPAP products and prices?