Mobility aids are devices that are designed to assist people overcome any obstacles and difficulties that they may have with daily movements and help them enjoy greater freedom and independence.
Anyone who as a mobility issue, whether it be temporary or long-term, can benefit from having access to mobility aids. Mobility aids are usually beneficial for people with:
- Difficulties maintaining balance
- Decreased muscle strength and mobility through aging
- Impaired vision
- Other walking impairment due to brain injury or stroke
- Cerebral palsy
- Amputated limbs
There are a range of mobility devices available at The CPAP Clinic to meet people’s needs such as walkers, rollators, commodes, wheelchairs and more. The type of mobility aid used will depend on the needs of the individual.
- Walkers – usually a metal framework with three or four legs. Users lift the frame and place it further in front of them, they then step forward to meet it and repeat the process
- Rollators – modern walkers consisting of a frame with four wheels, handlebars and a seat so that the user may also have a rest if needed. They also include hand breaks as a safety feature when user is seating down
- Knee Walkers – similar to a rollator, this allows users to rest their knee on a padded cushion while propelling themselves forward with their stronger leg. This is commonly used for someone who has a broken leg
- Commode chairs – a portable toilet that can be placed at the bedside of a user who is unable to reach the bathroom due to limited mobility
- Wheelchairs – can be a self-propelled wheelchair, pushed by someone else or electrically powered. Suitable for users that are unable to walk or cannot put too much weight on both of their lower limbs
The CPAP Clinic is a leading Australian provider of Respiratory, Sleep Disorders, Cardiology, mobility and PPE services and products. Working in partnership with Centurion Healthcare, we also offer Respiratory and Sleep Specialist consultations as well as sleep studies.
We understand the significance of freedom and independence in mobility and the importance of finding the right support for your mobility aid needs. This is why The CPAP Clinic is now proud to supply Drive DeVilbiss range. These mobility aids can assist people overcome any obstacles and difficulties that they may have with daily movements and help them enjoy greater freedom and independence. There are a range of mobility devices available at The CPAP Clinic to meet people’s needs such as walkers, rollators, commodes, wheelchairs and more. And with Australia-wide delivery, you can order any of our products direct to your door.