The CPAP Clinic Difference
Choosing the right CPAP provider is important when purchasing CPAP equipment.
Whilst CPAP is the gold standard treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA), it is not a cure. With most patients on CPAP treatment for life, finding a provider that can manage all the patient’s future needs is paramount.
To help patients get the most out of their treatment, The CPAP Clinic continues to pursue patient comfort, support and clinical care as its top priority. Read more to find out how we can better support you throughout your treatment.
The CPAP Clinic is proud to be Australian owned and managed. It is headquartered in Sydney, with a network of clinics Australia wide. The CPAP Clinic is an official accredited supplier of the CPAP brands it sells, and all supply is sourced locally.
It is commonly asked what the differences are when purchasing CPAP equipment locally and overseas. Purchasing from overseas has many disadvantages, including the following:
- Warranty: CPAP product purchased overseas cannot be repaired or replaced under warranty locally in the event of a breakdown or fault.
- Private insurance: CPAP product purchased overseas cannot be claimed under a patient’s private health insurance, as the provider needs to be registered locally.
- Different regulatory standards: CPAP product purchased overseas will usually meet the regulatory standard of the source’s country. In Australia, all medical devices and products must be approved by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA).
- Limited clinical support: going on CPAP is more than just buying a box. Buying locally allows you to have access to thorough clinical support that cannot be offered from overseas.
Independent advice is critical in ensuring that the CPAP treatment is tailored around the patient, rather than the other way round!
The CPAP Clinic is fiercely independent, carrying a comprehensive range of CPAP brands and products. No CPAP manufacturer has any financial interest in The CPAP Clinic, so patients can be assured that they are receiving independent and unfettered advice.
Some CPAP providers are owned or affiliated with a CPAP manufacturer, and others are too small in size to carry a comprehensive range of brands and products. These situations can lead to a conflict of interest, as advice provided can be tainted by the provider’s affiliation or size off their product range.
The CPAP brands and their products have different pros and cons i.e. different masks suit certain faces better than others. These differences can impact patient outcomes. Hence, it is imperative to have an independent provider with ready access to a comprehensive range of CPAP brands and products, to help navigate patients through the multitude and sometimes confusing number of options available.
Getting the best price for CPAP products is important, particularly in financially uncertain times like today. At The CPAP Clinic, we are tirelessly focused on ensuring our prices are the best, and have built a solid reputation for doing so for more than 12 years. This competitive advantage has been made possible being the largest independent provider of CPAP services nationally, and having the bulk buying power to pass greater savings to its customers.
Apart from having the best prices, The CPAP Clinic has been a market leader in the introduction of CPAP payment plans. At the time of writing, The CPAP Clinic is the only provider nationally offering plans with an upfront cost of only $1 plus from $22 fortnightly for 3 years. Through innovative products like these, CPAP treatment has never been more accessible.
Extensive After-Purchase Support
Most CPAP providers are either online or brick-and-mortar only. The CPAP Clinic is both and more. Our patients benefit from our:
- Extensive national network of brick-and-mortar clinics – for patients who need or prefer face-to-face support;
- Comprehensive online website – most visited CPAP website nationally, with extensive product content and live chat support 24/7, 365 days a year;
- Telephone and telehealth support (i.e. videoconferencing) – for remote, regional and less mobile patients, or for those who simply prefer the convenience of talking to an expert without having to leave the comfort of their own home. For emergencies, rest assured that The CPAP Clinic is open more than most. Subject to location, our clinics remain open up to 7 days per week.
For emergency product replacement, we offer:
- In-clinic pickup (subject to product availability)
- Delivery service – same day, express and international shipping available
Ongoing Clinical Support
Access to sound CPAP technical support is one thing, having ready access to a comprehensive clinical team, including Respiratory & Sleep Specialists is another.
A longstanding issue for many who have undergone the sleep diagnosis to treatment process, have revolved around the fragmented nature of sleep services, lack of communication between care providers, and long waiting lists to see the specialist or have their sleep study.
The CPAP Clinic has addressed this issue through its partnership with Centurion Healthcare, a multidisciplinary, physician-led, Respiratory, Sleep and Cardiology practice, offering specialist consultations and sleep studies. Universal bulk billing (i.e. no out-of-pocket expense) for specialist telehealth consultations and procedures are offered. Through a more structured and co-ordinated clinical approach, we believe better clinical outcomes are achieved, in terms of accessibility, speed, cost, care and communication. Patients also have the benefit and convenience of being able to access to all these services under one roof.
The CPAP Clinic has been a long standing provider of sleep health services for more than 12 years. Offering independent advice, a comprehensive range of product, the best prices, and an experienced clinical team for all future clinical needs, patients can take comfort in knowing that they have come to the right place for all their sleep health needs.
If you require assistance with your Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) or CPAP treatment, get help today by contacting The CPAP Clinic