FLO Nozoil Spray - 15mL
Stock: In Stock
Flo Nozoil is a nasal spray containing sesame seed oil BP 1mL/mL to help relieve nasal dryness. Sesame seed oil contains all three natural forms of Vitamin E (alpha, beta and gamma). Nozoil is available in two dose administration forms (a spray or dropper).
The nose may become dry and irritated for a number of reasons such as after a cold, in air conditioned environments, on planes or after nasal surgery. Clinical trials have shown Flo Nozoil to effectively relieve dry and crusting nasal tissue. Flo Nozoil helps to shield damaged dry and crusty tissue from the drying effect of air and also helps to reduce the effects of inflammation which can occur in nasal tissue. Flo Nozoil does not evaporate quickly from the nasal tissues. Its moisturising effects can therefore last longer and this can assist in providing good relief from symptoms of dryness and crusting.
Always read the label. Use as directed. Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
Flo Nozoil is indicated for the temporary relief of dry and crusting nasal tissue. Nasal tissue may become dry and irritated (sometimes causing nose bleeds) from any of the following:
- During and after a common cold
- While using medical devices which deliver air into the nasal passages
- While using medicated nasal medications
- In low humidity environments, e.g. air-conditioning, aircraft cabins
- While using certain medications – e.g. the treatment of acne
- In older people – as a result of natural changes to the nasal tissues and also to shape of the inside of the nose
A diagrammatic representation of how Flo Nozoil deflects drying air streams from dry and crusty nasal tissues.
Once healed, the tissues can function normally and produce a mucus blanket which shields delicate underlying tissue from drying and crusting.
Always read the label. Use as directed. See your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- A randomized, single-blinded cross-over trial of sesame oil (Nozoil) for the treatment of nasal symptoms associated with CPAP. Feenstra J et al. Sleep Disorders Centre, Dept of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine, Princess Alexandra Hospital, QLD 4102.
- A randomized cross-over trial of inhaled nasal sesame oil (Nozoil) versus heated humidification versus placebo for the treatment of nasal congestion associated with CPAP. Rixon K, Tang T and Hukins C. Sleep Disorders Centre, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba QLD 4102.
- Vitamin E attenuates the injurious effects of bioactive phospholipids on human ciliated epithelium in vitro. Feldman C et al. European Respiratory Journal 2001. Vol 18 pages 122-129
- Pure sesame oil vs isotonic sodium chloride solution as treatment for dry nasal mucosa. Johnsen J et al. Archives of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery Vol 127,Nov 2001. pages 1353-1356